Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Baby night, night

My husband works nights, so our 2-year-old is used to crawling into bed with him when she is ready for her mid-morning nap. Today she missed her nap and was in need of a nap in the afternoon. I took her into the bedroom against her desire and we sat down in the bed. She stretched out with her head on the pillow but made it clear she was not going to sleep. As I placed my head near hers on the pillow, I pointed out the baby doll on the other side of her. I asked her, "Is your baby tired?" She said "yes." I answered, "let's put your baby to sleep." She looked over at her baby doll, turned it face down on the pillow and replied "baby night, night." She then climber out of bed and went back to playing in the living room. Although she did not take a nap, she went to bed nice and early.

No comments: