Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Why didn't we do this sooner?

I have decided to clean my house. Not just the surface stuff, but really clean. And get rid of stuff too. This is the longest we have lived anywhere - five years of our ten year marriage and I am starting to feel my stuff closing in on me. Not just my stuff though. My kids stuff is also taking over the house. With three girls, we have tubs full of Barbie toys, doll clothes, Peek-A-Blocks, Little People, Potato Heads, and cars (my husband is sharing his love of cars with his girls). We also have several doll houses, Barbie cars, strollers, and odds and ends. It finally got to me! I had each of my kids (the older two) take one big tub and empty it. They then each filled the tubs with things they wanted to keep. They could only keep as much as would fit into their tub and two big things (doll house, stroller, etc). I thought they would be mad, but they loved it. They raced around the house, working together, deciding what to keep and what to leave. When they were done, they got a trash bag and filled it with the leftover toys. No tears, no whining, nothing! My house is clean and my kids are happy? How good can it get? OK, I know it will end quickly, but I will cherish it while it lasts.

No comments: