Friday, August 5, 2011

Oh Baby! Blog Hop

I have to start with a shout out to one of my babies -
Little Bear - who turns 8 today!

Welcome to the Oh Baby! Blog Hop hosted by Emily at http://www.createserendipity.net/.  If you've stopped by my blog today for the hop, then you're in for a treat! If this is your first stop, make sure you go back to the beginning and hop along with all of the rest of the blogs to see all of our fabulous Baby themed projects! If you arrived here from Deborah at http://www.scrappingmamma.net/ then you are in the right place.  This is a very large hop, so you have 3 days to check out all of the projects! This hop runs from August 4-6, so make sure you check back for new projects each day!

Now on to my project for today:


This is a page from a baby book that I created for a friend.  She wanted a baby book that didn't look so babyish.  To create this book, I used the Fanfare papers from Close to my Heart and miscellaneous embellishments.  My favorite part of this page is the pull out journaling square.  Many scrapbookers are hesitant to journal because they don't like their handwriting, but our words give so much more to our layouts.  This pull out is the perfect solution!  Write your note so that it isn't a part of the layout but someone can still know the story of the page.  I created similar pages for the daddy and big sister.

 And now, for blog candy.  For your first entry, please leave a comment on this post.  For additional entries, you can (1) become a follower and (2) share this post on Twitter or Facebook.  For each additional entry, post a comment saying you've done so (and include the link if applicable).  No extra entries for this, but we'd love to have you like us on Facebook or follow @mamacurls on Twitter.

Now hop along to Michelle at http://www.designsoncloud9.blo​gspot.com/ and see what she has made for today!

28 comments:

Eva said...

very sweet LO, Love the note from Mommy.
Eva :0)
http://evasscrapsncards.blogspot.com/

Judy said...

Great layout .. love the hidden journaling tag idea. I would have loved to have scrapbooks for my baby's books:-) Followe, fan ...
jejaeb at cfl dot rr dot com

Vicki said...

It works great...Sometimes nontraditional is more interesting...

transport7800@aol.com
http://mawmawsthoughts.blogspot.com/

Carla said...

I love the LO. I really like that this LO isn't really babyish as you put it. I like that it's a little different. Thanks so much for sharing.



http://racincrafts.blogspot.com/ or

racincrafts@aim dot com

Lizscraps said...

a page for any young age from baby to elementary age, nicely done.

Kathy's Kreative Spot said...

Love your layout and the little hidden notes.
Kathy
Katsews at gmail dot com

Yvonne said...

Love the card Ydixon57@verizon.net

Clare G said...

Great layout! I love the colors, sometimes there is too much pastel pink and blue for babies.

Cynthia Vanderhoek said...

I am already a follower...since the Christmas in July Blog hop...Thanks for the opportunity.
Ü Cynthia V. vandyzfam@sbcglobal.net

Cynthia Vanderhoek said...

Happy Birthday Little Bear! I like that these are not typical baby colors. I like it being so colorful and festive with the star motif. Thanks for sharing.
Ü Cynthia vandyzfam@sbcglobal.net

vick6740 said...

SO cute!! Not at all babylike ;)

Thanks for sharing!!

Edwina said...

I am a follower as of yesterday. I love your layout. I too like journaling on pages. I love the way you added it by it being a pullout. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown edwinabrown@comcast.net

rhayhurst said...

I am a follower of your blog!
rhayhurst@suddenlink.net

Esther said...

cute layout!!

luckylady34_2000@yahoo.com

Newbie2crafting said...

cute lo.

Dana
Danascraftycorner.blogspot.com

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Great layout and I love rick rack on baby things.

Rachelle said...

very cute!
Rachelle
joyfulhrt at gmail dot com

Designs that Delight said...

I love the bright colors! -Dawn

A Creative Journey said...

Very cute! Love the journaling pocket! TFS! I am a new follower and would be honored if you would check out my blog and do the same at http://acreativjourneywithmelissa@blogspot.com

Brenda said...

Great page!

http://happyscrapper64.blogspot.com/

puffinliz said...

I am a follower!

puffinliz@yahoo.com

puffinliz said...

Loved your project...

puffinliz@yahoo.com

Edwina said...

Cute layout! The stars are wonderful, as every baby is the star of the family. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown edwinabrown@comcast.net

Riti said...

supercute.... love the hidden notes.
I'm a Follower & liked your facebook page.

Tfs
Hugs,
Riti

Scrappin Melissa said...

Great LO! Thanks for sharing!
melissaseme at yahoo dot com

Jill Angel said...

Love it! I bet your friend did too!
Jill
http://craftwithanangel.blogspot.com/

thekolbes said...

Happy Birthday to your Little Bear. Great layout. I am a new follower
Trish
krazykcrafters at msn dot com

sweetlilscrapper said...

bright and beautiful!

sweetlilscrapper.blogspot.com
sweetlilscrapper at hotmail dot ca